Streetcar

It rained occasionally from morning to afternoon in Tucson, Arizona. Yesterday and the day before yesterday, the hot sun continued to heat 80 degrees Fahrenheit, but today, the sky was all dark clouds and the sun was completely blocked, and the temperature dropped to the low 70 degrees Fahrenheit despite the occasional rain. Yesterday was a warm evening in a long time, but the weather in Tucson is unpredictable because the evening weather drops to 30 degrees Fahrenheit again on the weekend. There is a trolley-like streetcar running in Tucson, Arizona and the fee was charged not long ago, but has been free currently for a couple years. It is widely used by college students here, and it is easy to commute to and from the university of Arizona. After breakfast on campus, I plan to spend about two or three days in Tucson, Arizona so I searched for things to do, and then decided to stop by two or three places each day. In the past, I should have prepared for everything carefully before traveling, but these days, due to a good mobile network, it is convenient to adjust my schedule whenever there's spare time.


Refueling in Arizona is just about $30 because of its cheap gas price. The gas price in California is also needed to drop down a lot soon. After lunch, I plan to visit the ballpark because LG and NC would face off at the Kino Sports Complex, so I headed to the baseball stadium. When I tried to see the Cactus League a long time ago, there was a baseball club's spring camp in Tucson and this ballpark was used until the Chicago White Sox moved to Phoenix. The stadium had around 11,000 seats, so it was small comparing to the size of a local stadium in the former Korean professional baseball league. Fans and club officials who came to watch were filling some seats, and the game proceeded at a fast tempo. The game was tight at the beginning, but LG won in the second half with a concentrated hit. Yesterday, NC sent out all the ace pitchers in the split squad match, but today it seems that they are playing a game with promising players. Both teams may perform well in the new season, which starts next month.


After the game, I stopped by the Tucson Mission, not too far from the stadium. I arrived around closing time, but many people were still looking around the cathedral, the cross, and the statues of Jesus, some of whom were praying in the chapel. Cactuses symbolizing Arizona were decorated around them, and the descriptions of the first-generation missionaries who arrived here for the first time were written in several places. What was impressive was the phrase, "Please respect this place because it is a sacred place to some people." There was a candle lit in the front and a box behind it that looked like a coffin. I don't know exactly what it intended to, but I somehow remembered the day when my mother passed away. I wondered if my mother, who had passed away alone in the hospital room after immigrating like a missionary who kept their position unnamed, had somehow completed the mission given to my mother and went to her father's side. It was a place I stopped by during my spare time, but I thought I had come to the right place.