Cactus League

I was going to spend some time in the library today, but I headed to Goodyear Ballpark early. I once thought it was a family-like stadium when I watched the Cincinnati team's home game at night and saw the players signing autographs for fan. But this time, the staff came out and guided me to the parking lot even though it was early. I parked on the lawn and asked if I could leave early, and he nodded and answered "Yes." This place is almost 50 minutes away from Phoenix, the center of the Cactus League, and the home team is Cincinnati and Cleveland, so tickets were relatively cheap. Just in time, the Giants, who joined Lee Jung-hoo, visited and played against Cleveland, and Lee Jung-hoo came out as the first hitter so I bought a ticket. The box office worker asked for the phone number, and the ticket was sent to my smartphone. Fortunately, Goodyear Baseball Stadium was able to enter with a backpack. When I asked the staff where the Giants practiced, she said that the Giants did not arrive yet, and told me where Cleveland to practice. People were waiting for the ball outside the practice field with their gloves on.


While waiting for ball game to start, I was hungry, so I ordered a Philly Cheese Steak Burger. Soon the players came in. Lee Jung-hoo came in with a person who appeared to be an interpreter with his bag on him. As I remember before the game started, players signed autographs for the fans, and the Giants had a lot of fans, and Lee Jung-hoo signed autographs for the fans, which were the most popular, and was kind to them for a long time. There seemed to be quite a few fans when the person sitting next to me shouted Lee Jung-hoo during the game. His fans were more multiracial groups and children than white people. I was impressed by the scene where Lee Jung-hoo was holding his hand over his heart when the singer sang the American national anthem before the game. Lee Jung-hoo was the first batter to come out, walked, and scored on the homerun of the third batter. In the second at-bat, he hit a hard ground ball, which was unfortunately thrown out in front of the pitcher after being hit by the first baseman. In the third at-bat, he cut three fouls and picked a ball after a two-strike, and eventually got a hit. After the first base coach ordered some kind of order, he even stole the second base. The impressive part was that he went into the dugout after the inning, and a tall head coach tapped Lee Jung-hoo on the shoulder as if he was proud of his player. When the sixth inning was over, the main players left the ballpark with their bags on, and the audience next to me explained his children that the teams were giving young players a chance and replacing their starting players. Lee Jung-hoo was also replaced.


Soon I left the stadium and headed for the tower nearby. When I googled it, there was no such details, but when I arrived, it said that it was only open to residents. Of course, there were no managers or security guards, and many people who seemed to be local residents talked at the cafe, and everyone smiled warmly. The village was visible when I climbed the spiral tower like the Tower of Babel. Cars were driving on the highway, and the Saguaro cactus, the symbol of Arizona could be easily seen here. The tower was not very tall. I noticed a big explanation in front of it when I came down from the tower. A long time ago, the Indians built a spiral tower to observe the stars, which is called Fibonacci in mathematics. My nephew recently asked me when he wanted to program and show Fibonacci in his notebook, and I asked him why he thought so when he said Fibonacci was a natural observation, but I think he understood the way that Indians made this spiral tower and in mathematics, expressed it that way. Anyway, the problem, which was a little mystery, seems to have been solved by accident.