NASA Research Park

A long time ago, I found that Carnegie Mellon has branch in Silicon Valley, and I thought I should visit it. It is said that the Carnegie Mellon campus is not open to the public as it is located within the NASA Research Institute, so it is not open to the public. However, I stopped by because the Museum within the research institute was open to the public. As I was entering the gate, the guard asked me where I was going, and when I told him I was going to the museum, he simply checked my ID and told me to have a good day and let me in. The Carnegie Mellon campus was in a very small building, and the museum was near a large hangar. The hangar was under repair, and I thought it was a museum. The exhibition was held in a very small building, and after purchasing tickets, an employee guided me and explained things. Since it is a NASA museum, I thought there would be exhibits related to space, but most of the exhibits were airplanes related to World War II. The guide explained to me about Japanese pilots and planes from World War II, and when I mentioned kamikaze, he understood it right away. I said that many Koreans also died during World War II even though it was not his country.


I was asked a question, so I asked about the relationship between NASA and airplanes. I'm not sure if I asked the right question, but the person who guided me explained it eagerly. He explains everything from Boeing to SpaceX and says that NASA is no longer directly carrying out space-related projects. There were many airplanes, military uniforms, and weapons on display on the display stand. The guide led us outside and explained about the hangar. He eagerly explained the history of the hangar, how it was rebuilt, and even how air currents flow in the hangar. When I told him about Turbulent Flow, which I learned about in school, he seemed happy to hear it. There were many airplane models in the museum, and it was interesting that most of them had Navy log written on them. While looking at the plane on display outside, I compared it to the plane from Top Gun, and in fact, Top Gun's Tom Cruise was displayed on the display shelf.


After looking at the museum for about an hour, I got hungry, so I went out from the NASA Research Center, and the building right next to it was Google. Now that I think about it, I understand why, when explaining the hangar, the guide said that it was a historical landmark, and that Google would invest in building a new one. The shape of the Google headquarters building looked a lot like the Googleplex I visited last year, but it was a different building. After stopping for a while, I visited the campus, and occasionally I could see people visiting this place and taking pictures. Yesterday the weather here was warm and sunny with temperatures over 80 degrees Fahrenheit, but today was one of those days where you could see a blue sky with a lot of clouds. It forecasts that it will rain tomorrow. It seems like it's going to rain a lot this year. I plan to spend the afternoon at Stanford and then head to Davis.